I treat patients with extremity pain on a daily basis in my practice.
Examples of common extremity conditions I treat are:
- Shoulder pain such as rotator cuff muscle tendonitis or weakness.
- Foot pain such as plantar fasciitis.
- Hip pain which may be associated with arthritis or bursitis.
- Nerve entrapments such as carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Knee pain such as tendonitis.
- Elbow pain such as tennis elbow or golfer’s elbow.
- TMJ pain or clicking.
Extremity treatment begins with a thorough examination. Please click the My First Visit tab for additional information regarding my initial examination.
My initial examination will attempt to determine what is causing your pain. Pain can be caused by a tight muscle, stiff joint, postural imbalance, poor footwear, poor sleeping or sitting postures or weak muscles, etc. Identifying the pain generator(s), is the key to resolving your condition. Once your pain generator(s) is identified, I will recommend a treatment trial, which typically is 1-4 weeks in duration and includes specific goals. Specific goals usually include reduction in pain, improvement in function and education in self-care techniques when appropriate. Treatment begins after you give your consent. I am a skilled practitioner in manual techniques, with over more than 33 years of clinical experience. I also employ other effective interventions for extremity conditions which are listed below:
My Extremity Pain Treatments Include:
- Joint manipulation and mobilization to improve mobility.
- Ultrasound, moist heat, ice and interferential therapy to decrease pain, swelling or to reduce muscle tightness.
- Manual muscle techniques such as myofascial release or trigger point therapy to decrease pain and improve flexibility.
- Instruction in self-mobilization techniques to “free up” entrapped nerves such as in carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Appropriate advice, activity modification and exercise, including supervised exercise, when appropriate, to teach you how to self-manage your extremity condition, prevent or reduce future pain, and decrease your reliance on ongoing passive treatment for relief.
- I will work with your primary care provider or specialty provider to manage your extremity if warranted.
- Referral to another specialist will be made if indicated.
Typically, you will be discharged from treatment once our agreed upon goals have been reached. I will encourage you to return if you sustain an injury or if you experience a few days of pain that doesn’t resolve with self-care techniques.
Take advantage of my expertise as Northeast Wisconsin’s only chiropractor who is board-certified in rehabilitation. My advanced training, along with my 33 years of clinical experience make me an excellent choice for you to have your condition evaluated.
Call 920-499-0123 to make an appointment for an evaluation with Dr. Wautlet today!
Ashwaubenon Chiropractic Office
- 1071 Cormier Rd Green Bay, WI 54304
- Tel: 920 499-0123
- Fax: 920 499-5919