I treat patients with neck pain on a daily basis in my practice.
Neck pain can be associated with many conditions, such as headaches, disc degeneration, disc herniation, upper back pain, pain radiating into the arm(s), TMJ, shoulder conditions and vertigo.
Neck pain treatment begins with a thorough evaluation. Please refer to the “My First Visit” tab for additional information regarding an initial evaluation.
My initial evaluation will attempt to determine what is causing your neck pain. I call this “identifying the key link”. A “key link” is another name for “the pain generator”. Examples of key links are a tight muscle, stiff joint, muscular imbalances due to tight or weak muscles, postural imbalances, dysfunctional breathing pattern or TMJ. You may have one or more key links. Once the “key link(s)” are identified, I will recommend a treatment trial, which typically is 1-4 weeks in duration which includes specific goals. Specific goals usually include reduction in pain and improvement in function and education in self-care techniques when appropriate. Treatment begins after you give your consent. I am a skilled practitioner in spinal manipulation techniques, with more than 33 years of clinical experience. I also employ other effective interventions for not only acute but also chronic neck pain which are listed below.
My Neck Pain Treatments Include:
- Joint manipulation and mobilization to improve mobility.
- Ultrasound, moist heat, ice and interferential therapy to decrease pain, swelling or to reduce muscle tightness.
- Manual muscle techniques, such as myofascial release or trigger point therapy to decrease pain and improve flexibility.
- Manual traction to reduce the pain radiating into your arm if you have a disc herniation.
- Instruction in self-mobilizations (positioning movements) to decrease joint pain and to decrease arm pain caused by disc herniation in the neck.
- Appropriate advice, activity modification and exercise, including supervised exercise, when appropriate, to teach you how to self-manage your neck condition, prevent or reduce future pain, and decrease your reliance on ongoing passive treatment for pain relief.
- I will work with your primary care provider or specialty provider to manage your neck condition if warranted.
- Referral to another specialist will be made if indicated.
Typically, you would be discharged from treatment once our agreed upon goals have been reached. I would encourage you to return if you sustain an injury that inhibits your daily activities or if you have nagging pain which persists for 3 consecutive days without improvement.
Take advantage of my expertise as Northeast Wisconsin’s only chiropractor who is board-certified in rehabilitation, along with my 33 years of clinical experience.
Contact Ashwaubenon Chriopractic Clinic today at 920-499-0123 to schedule an appointment for an evaluation![contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]